7 Pertinent Posts on Swine Flu
After listening to a news story discuss the current flurry of digital discussion on the Swine flu, I decided to consult Technorati to get some concrete numbers on the phenomenon. In four short days, we’ve surpassed 10,000 blog posts. This of course is just the latest example of the power of health 2.0.
I’ve compiled a collection of 7 pertinent post presently percolating in the blogosphere and beyond. Each contains relevant information, rather than disinformation on the Swine flu. Plus one additional posts for good measure.
- Swine flu’s ticket to ride at Effect Measure
- Swine flu ethics at healthzone.ca’s Medical Ethics blog
- A Primer for the Disease Management Community on Swine (H1N1) Flu at the Disease Management Care Blog
- Swine flu: what you don’t know hurts us all at Effect Measure
- Swine Influenza (Flu) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Swine influenza update 4 at the World Health Organization (WHO)
- CDC Offers Theories on Disparities in Swine Flu Severity at Medscape Medical News
Hopefully, this bonus link will make you laugh (despite the potential gravity of a new viral epidemic) *Swine flu/Media Coverage at Our Own System*
Update 8/11/2010: The interactive graphic originally posted is no longer available. Instead, visit the CDC’s interactive timeline to review and recount the year of the H1N1 Influenza pandemic.