Brain Awareness Week Summary Round-up
Thanks to all who joined in during Brain Awareness Week. Congratulations to the following winners of the give away!
@DarlineBedrest @milhealth @nursefriendly @yayayarndiva @Allison_Peacock
We explored the brain comprehensively. Through Instagram and Facebook, we took a visual look at the impact of food, games, movement and the arts on the brain as we answered the question, what makes your brain bloom? Through blog posts and twitter, we discussed a host of topics from degenerative brain disorders to vascular conditions to trauma and mood disorders. Here’s a roundup of the highlights from the week.
- Learn How Do Doctors Visualize TIA? through the cutting edge research of neuroscientist Laura Boyd, PhD.
- Take a tour of the brain to understand the impact of Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Males are 14 times more likely to suffer a traumatic brain injury. For more facts, check out the info graphic, TBI by the Numbers.
- Brain aneurysm can have a devastating impact on those affected, read Bringing Hope to Brain Aneurysm with Interventional Neurology.
- Learn more about our tweet chat guest in Brain Awareness: Dave Turkel-Parrella, MD.
- Then check out the transcript from our lively chat at the #HCHLITSS blog.
“Time is brain.” Dr. Parrella, MD
- Take a peek inside the advocacy work of one woman living with bipolar disorder in More Than a Patient.
“Medication is a very important part of the process and can help with motivation, but it can’t create a life for you (friends, supports, family, activities, etc). There is a lot that we have to do on our own” Lizabeth Schuch, patient advocate
- Read how a local museum with area institutions of higher learning pay it forward by Touching Brains to Inspire Minds.